Monday 11 January 2016

The Bell and Bear - Emberton

I've been to The Bell and Bear before and I liked it so much that for my birthday, Mrs P took me back for steak night. It was still awesome.










We got a steak and half a bottle of wine for 20 quid which basically meant that, as it was my birthday and Mrs P was driving, I got a bottle of wine with my dinner. Happy days.

In fact I got so happy that I couldn't help but tell the bloke on the next door table that this was one hellova epic ribeye, yes it was. I met him again afterwards in the bar and it turns out that he's the head chef's dad... so that was a lucky co-incidence.

As a whole meal, there were small things that could have been better but really who cares?! A steak like that is a thing of absolute beauty and delivered with such consummate deliciousness that, (along with the bottle of wine, on your birthday, with your wife and a dram of good whiskey for afters) it should be considered to be an honour to eat it. I even forgot to ask where the steaks came from but I'm sure it was a sustainably responsible and higher welfare source because that's the kind of guys that The Bell & Bear are.  If you get the chance, I suggest you take it because like I said; awesome.




No comments:

Post a Comment